Thursday, June 04, 2015

Jennifer Lopez eyelashes

I love Dior Show Mascara. I used it for years. But somewhere down the line it just felt too expensive.

It sells for about 200 dkk here, which is about $30. That's not so much more than the $28 it sells for in Sephora, but suddenly $30 for mascara seems so expensive. Kids? Priorities? Common sense? Whatever it is, I just can't do it anymore.

But mascara here is quite pricey, even the drugstore brands like Maybelline or L'oreal. So, when I saw that Matas was having a 2 for 1 mascara sale, I decided to try a new one. 


I will admit that the idea of having Jennifer Lopez eyelashes was appealing, so I decided to try the L'oreal False Lash Superstar Mascara.  And, it looks like it's not even out in the U.S. yet, so ha-ha, Europe gets something first!


The normal price is 149 dkk, which is $22.50 and waaaay too much to pay for L'oreal mascara IMO. But, $22.50 for two tubes works for me. Especially given the fact that there is primer included.


I tried it this morning. It went on really nicely, and I think I had some seriously false-lash-superstar-looking lashes today. If I'm still hooked on it after these two tubes, I'll have to check out the price in Germany to see if I can stay with my whole less expensive beauty product quest.






No comments: